Implementing the HIQA Safer Better Healthcare Standards – The Road to Regulation
Date: Tuesday, 13th November 2018
Time: 09.00 – 16.30
Location: Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, Sandyford Business District, Central Park, Dublin 18
In 2017 HIQA called for regulation of the home care sector as a matter of priority. Regulation of home care would set out fundamental requirements of the service and would be enforceable through a range of measures.
With these regulations impending we examine the HIQA Safer Better Healthcare Standards and why they are important for home care services. We will assess how the standards are structured and explore each theme in detail. Attendees will gain an understanding on how to audit and determine if your organisation is ready and prepared for a HIQA inspection. We will also give a detailed over of the inspection process.
Who should attend the training?
This training session is of relevance to anyone working within the home care sector.
09.00 – 09.15
- Registration & Tea / Coffee
09.15 – 11.00
- HIQA Safer Better Healthcare Standards: Part 1
- Person-Centered Care and Support
- Effective Care and Support
- Safe Care and Support
11.00 – 11.15
11.15 – 12.45
- HIQA Safer Better Healthcare Standards: Part 2
- Better Health and Well-being
- Leadership, Governance and Management
12.45 – 13.30
- HIQA Safer Better Healthcare Standards: Part 3
- Use of Resources
- Use of Information
13.30 – 14.30
14.30 – 15.15
- Are you ready for a HIQA inspection – How to Audit your organization
15.15 – 16.00
- The Inspection Process – How does it work?
16.00 – 16.30
- Summary and Close
The training day is pending CPD certification and each attendee will receive a certificate of completion.
How to book your place?
To book your place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (0) 93 36126.
Training costs are €295 ex vat and payment must be made in advance of the training day.
For a chance to win a 25% discount on a training day of your choice, see the competition on our Facebook page.