HCI is a professional services provider of patient safety, regulatory compliance, and quality improvement intelligence and support to health and social care organisations.
QIS develops and maintains a variety of information systems and solutions which collect data, maintain databases, and provide the reporting and analysis facilities to support the needs of HCI’s clients, their patients, service users and residents. Additionally, QIS provides application development services and coordinates the implementation of specific projects to support the management needs of HCI consistent with the mission, values, and objectives of the organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Quality Information Systems (QIS), the Quality Information Systems Specialist role shall include implementing and supporting Quality Management Information Systems in Healthcare Organisations. They shall also support the adoption of Q-Pulse and VCare Complete in healthcare organisations.
1.0 Core Responsibilities
- Support the QIS Director in developing, implementing and supporting Quality Management Information Systems.
- Support the introduction and adoption of Q-Pulse, Quality Management Software, in healthcare organisations.
- Support the introduction and adoption of VCare Complete, Resident Records Management Software, in nursing homes.
2.0 Quality and Safety
- Support the Operations Team with the development of Quality and Safety Management Systems for health and social care services through implementation of Q-Pulse, Quality Management Software
- Support the introduction and adoption of Q-Pulse, Quality Management Software, in healthcare organisations
3.0 Specific Project Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and support the introduction and adoption of VCare Complete, Resident Records Management Software, in nursing homes within individual healthcare organisations.
- Participate in the Process Mapping of relevant areas with the senior management team of the client.
- Compile a Process Mapping Report reflecting the client Process Mapping Days.
- Participate in Project Team Meetings held with the client and document outcomes from the meetings.
- Propose methods for customising the client’s Q-Pulse system to meet their objectives in the Process Mapping Report.
- Develop sample Q-Pulse customisation for demonstration to client.
- Organise and schedule training days, providing advice to the client regarding the relevant and appropriate composition of the training days.
- Prepare training and education manuals for on-site training with client.
- Prepare final report and presentation for client.
- Monitor project plan to ensure adherence to same. In the event of a delay in the project plan, make appropriate adjustments to the schedule, in consultation with the QIS Director.
- Liaise with software providers, on technical issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Develop dynamic dashboards and analysis, displaying quarterly quality and organisational intelligence data as determined by the client’s support contract.
- Prepare monthly quality and safety activity and monitoring reports as determined by the client’s support contract. Reports shall be prepared in collaboration with other members of the Quality and Safety Support Team for final review by the QIS Director.
- Host Q-Pulse webinars
- Participate in the development and execution of User Forums
4.0 HCI Quality Management System
Support the HCI Quality Management System (QMS) as follows:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the process, and associated procedures, of the services provided by HCI.
- Drive the HCI QMS processes and providing input to all required measurement and analysis activities, including Quality and Management Reviews.
- Recording, managing and addressing all allocated non-conformances in a timely and effective manner and in accordance to the applicable procedure. The QIS Specialist role is responsible for recognising when a service provided by HCI has not met the requirements of the HCI procedure and document it as a non-conformance.
- Completing all specific audit activities as identified by the Quality Manager in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Maintaining personal training records as required within the HCI QMS.
To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the QIS Director.
5.0 Qualifications and Experience
- Full Clean Driving License
- Healthcare Experience
- Nursing Degree
- Knowledge of Quality Management Information Systems in a healthcare context
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems in a healthcare context
- Demonstrate highly developed communication, interpersonal and organisational skills with a high standard of verbal and written communications.
- Ability to manage time and organise workload
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- High levels of innovation
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and technical skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Negotiation skills
- Proactive approach to planning
6.0 Location and Travel
The position will be based in Headford, Co. Galway. The successful candidate will be required to travel to various areas of the Republic of Ireland in the fulfilment of their duties.
Depending on Experience
All applicants should forward a CV by email, to Caroline McAndrew, Director of Corporate Services, HCI at email@example.com.