Policy and Procedure Training
Date: 7th November 2018
Time: 9.00 – 16.30
Location: Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, Sandyford Business District, Central Park, Dublin 18
Policies and procedures are an essential tool in improving the quality of health care provision. They articulate consistent approaches for best practice (HSE). Policies and procedures are often seen purely as paper work, and incorrectly so. If we use them as a way of looking at what we are doing, seeing how we can improve it, and agreeing how we are now going to do it, they can be highly beneficial.
HCI’s Policy and Procedure Training will assist you in the development of practical and effective policies and procedures that can help you standardise processes, providing clarity to staff on how your organisation carry out procedures as well as improve the care your organisation provides.
Who should attend the training?
This training session is relevant to anyone within a health or social care organisation.
09.00 – 09.15
- Registration & Tea/ Coffee
09.15 – 10.00
- Legislation, Regulation and Guidance
- Legislation / Standards Guidance
- What are Policies and Procedures?
- Advantages and Challenges
- The need for Policies and Procedures
10.00 – 11.15
- Polices and Procedures
- Identifying Policies & Procedures of benefit to your Organisation
- Structure & Layout
- Process Flow
11.15 – 11.30
11.30 – 12.30
- Polices and Procedures (continued)
- Key Elements of Policies & Procedures
12.30 – 13.30
13.30 – 14.30
- Policy and Procedure Development & Governance
- Stage 1: Create Draft Document
- Stage 2: Review Draft Document
- Stage 3: Who Should Approve Document
- Stage 4: Activate Document
- Stage 5: Communicate/Distribute Document
- Stage 6: Review Document
- Stage 7: Make Obsolete
14.30 – 15.30
- Administration & Document Control
- Classification Codes
- Numbering Allocation
- Controlled v’s Uncontrolled
- Controls over printed copies
- Role of the Coordinator
15.30 – 16.00
- Review, Change & Communication of Policy and Procedure
16.00 – 16.30
- Summary and Close
The training day is pending CPD certification and each attendee will receive a certificate of completion.
How to book your place?
To book your place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (0) 93 36126.
Training costs are €295 ex vat and payment must be made in advance of the training day.
For a chance to win a 25% discount on a training day of your choice, see the competition on our Facebook page.