Risk Management Training
Date: 14th March 2019
Time: 8.45 – 16.30
Location: Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
Risk Management is a process of clearly defined steps which support better decision making by providing a greater insight into risks and their impacts (HIQA). The overview of HIQA’s regulation of social care and healthcare services in 2017 highlighted that many nursing homes struggle to balance residents’ rights to autonomy and liberty with their responsibility to ensure residents’ health and safety. Whilst in Disability Services, the same review highlighted that there was inadequate oversight and management of incidents. In some cases, providers were unable to demonstrate that they could keep service users safe or control the number of incidents occurring.
HCI Risk Management Training
HCI’s Risk Management Training will give attendees the tools to identify, assess and minimise risks in their organisations. It will help your organisation to respect individual’s wishes and rights while also incorporating the appropriate safeguards.
Who should attend?
This session is suitable for management and staff from appropriate disciplines in Nursing Homes and Disability Services.
8.45 – 9.00
- Registration, Tea & Coffee
9.00 – 11.00
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Advantages of Risk Management
- Challenges of Risk Management
- Legislation, Standards & Guidance
- Themes and Outcomes
- Trends in Non-Compliance to date
11.00 – 11.15
- Break & refreshments
11.15 – 12.45
- HIQA Judgement Framework
- Risk Management Framework
- Risk Management Policy and Register
- Service and Care Risk Identification
- Risk Rating
- Risk Treatment
- Monitoring Review and Update
- Risk Reporting
- Output Cover Sheet
- Ongoing Review, Development and Update
12.45 – 13.30
13.30 – 16.30
- Corporate Risk Management
- Health and Safety Risk Management
- Health and Safety Statement
- Individual Risk Management
- Dignity of Risk
Book your place
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 629 2559 to book your place.
Cost is €295 +VAT.