Risk Management Training
Date: Thursday 22nd November 2018
Time: 9.00 – 16.30
Location: Galway Hospice
“Risk management is a process of clearly defined steps which support better decision making by providing a greater insight into risks and their impacts.” (HIQA)
Risk management is an essential process for the delivery of safe high-quality health and social care services. It is unique in every organisation but there are standardised ways to approach it. HCI in conjunction with Galway Hospice are hosting Risk Management Training for Hospices on 22nd November in the Galway Hospice. The session aims to give attendees the tools to identify, assess and minimise the chance of risks happening in their organisations.
Who should attend?
This training session is relevant to hospices.
John Sweeney, CEO, HCI will provide the training. To view his bio click here.
09.30 – 09.15
- Registration & Tea / Coffee
09.15 – 10.00
- Risk Management Training: Part 1
- Advantages of Effective Risk Management
- Principles of Risk Management
- Legislation, Standards & Guidance
- HIQA Themes and Outcomes
- HIQA findings/inspection reports
10.00 – 11.00
- Risk Management Training: Part 2
- Risk Management Framework
11.00 – 11.15
11.15 – 13.00
- Risk Registers In Practice
- Evaluation of Risk
- Ongoing Review, Development and Update
13.00 – 14.00
14.00 – 14.30
- Developing a Risk Register
14.30 – 16.00
- Individual Risk Management Plans – Practical Session
- Case studies
- Examples of Risk Management Plans
16.000 – 16.30
- Summary & Close
How to book your place?
To book your place please contact email@example.com or call +353 (0) 93 36126.
Training costs are €295 ex vat and payment must be made in advance of the training day.