HCI is a professional services provider of patient safety, regulatory compliance, and quality improvement intelligence and support to health and social care organisations.
Reporting to the Director of Operations the Practice Development Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and growing HCI’s training and education programme for HCI’s clients, and employees. A key part of the role will involve the development and management of HCI’s online platform, HCI Academy. The Specialist will be expected to seek out new programme opportunities and create/modify programmes to meet the ever changing needs of individual learners, within the healthcare sector.
Responsibilities of the Practice Development Specialist
- Lead, develop, deliver, monitor and evaluate all HCI’s external education and training programmes
- Develop and manage HCI’s online platform for training
- Identify market needs for training and develop business case for same
- Perform market research on proposed training programmes
- Develop a yearly calendar of internal and external training programmes
- Develop an evaluation mechanism for all training delivered
- Prepare and send training proposals to clients and negotiate terms and cost of training
- Develop training instructor evaluations to ensure all trainers are suitably qualified
- Keep up-to-date with legislation, standards, best practice and regularly review HCI’s training programmes so that they are best in class
- Develop new training programmes so that they are in line with market needs
- Develop and prepare all education and training materials
- Design and maintain a budget for all training programmes
- Develop education practices, guidelines and procedures
- Facilitate and undertake audit of education practice and implement change where required.
- Research relevant topics and develop and deliver training programmes on them
- Keep comprehensive records of all training
- Receive appropriate relevant external certification for all HCI developed training programmes
- Develop learning outcomes for all training programmes
- Initiate, facilitate and lead partnerships with other educational institutions
- Develop relationships with partners who can assist or provide complementary offerings to HCI training
- Positively influence and develop a culture of education and learning
- Develop a framework for competency-based training programme for HCI employees
- Develop a framework for delivering training and education for all HCI employees
- Carry out any such duties as are assigned from time to time by the Director Operations.
- Sample HCI training programmes include:
- Risk Management for Residential Care
- Policies and Procedures Management
- Internal Audit
- Quality Improvement Tools and Techniques
- Care Planning
HCI Quality Management System
Support the HCI Quality Management System (QMS) as follows:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the process, and associated procedures, of the services provided by HCI.
- Drive the HCI general QMS processes and provide input to all required measurement and analysis activities, including Quality and Management Reviews.
- Recording, managing and addressing all allocated incidents in a timely and effective manner and in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Completing all specific audit activities as identified by the Quality Manager in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Maintaining personal training records as required within the HCI QMS.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of quality and safety management systems in a healthcare context
- Clinical Experience (desirable)
- Educated to a Masters Degree level preferably in a healthcare or education discipline
- Knowledge of HIQA Standards
- Minimum of three years’ experience in developing and delivering training and education programmes
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Full Clean Driving License
- Demonstrate highly developed communication, interpersonal, leadership and organisational skills with a high standard of verbal and written communications.
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- High levels of innovation
- Ability to manage time and organise workload
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and technical skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong budgetary skills
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Negotiation skills
- Proactive approach to planning
- The Education Co-Ordinator shall be located in Sandyford, Dublin
- The position involves travel all over Ireland
- Depending on Experience
Please send a CV to Caroline McAndrew, Director of Corporate Services, email@example.com .