Health Care Informed (HCI) is a professional services provider of patient safety, regulatory compliance, and quality improvement intelligence and support to health and social care organisations.
Reporting to the Director of Quality Information Systems (QIS) the Database Technician’s role shall include delivering product related functional and technical support to our clients and providing technical support for Quality Management Information Systems in healthcare organisations.
1.0 BI Systems Development
- Participate in and/or lead the requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of BI technology solutions.
- Conduct ETL, Data Warehouse Modelling, OLAP, processes documentation and BI solution delivery
- Provide recommendations to improve system functionality and processes within the BI environment
2.0 Database Management
- Database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, high-availability strategies with MS SQL Server
- Manage key strategic technical (Database/Business Intelligence) projects
- Performing regular deployments, scheduled maintenance and house-keeping
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
3.0 Project Specific Responsibilities
- Development of technical project plan detailing timeframes, dependencies and requirements.
- Liaise with ICT in client organisations to ensure technical requirement and key implementation timeframes are met.
- Develop sample customisation for demonstration to client.
- Prepare training and education manuals for on-site training with client.
- Host Q-Pulse webinars
- Participate in the development and execution of Q-Pulse User Forums
4.0 HCI Quality Management System
Support the HCI Quality Management System (QMS) as follows:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the process, and associated procedures, of the services provided by HCI.
- Driving the HCI QMS processes and providing input to all required measurement and analysis activities, including Quality and Management Reviews.
- Recording, managing and addressing all allocated non-conformances in a timely and effective manner and in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Completing all specific audit activities as identified by the Quality Manager in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Maintaining personal training records as required within the HCI QMS.
To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Quality Management Information Systems.
5.0 Required Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Management Studio
- Knowledge of, and working experience with, business intelligent technologies.
- Must have experience with SQL replication, hardware replication, and/or disaster recovery implementations
- Certifications in specific technologies preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Degree level qualification in an IT discipline
- Examples of relevant completed work
6.0 Personal attributes/skills
- Motivated with self-starter personality;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Full Clean Driving License
This position is based in Headford, Co.Galway.
Commensurate with Experience
If you would like to apply for this job please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.