HCI’s Quality Information Systems Department provides a full range of information systems resources for HCI’s health and social care clients. QIS develops and maintains a variety of information systems and solutions which supports workflow management and provides the business intelligence systems and services to support the needs of HCI’s clients, their patients, service users and residents. Additionally, QIS provides application development services and coordinates the implementation of specific projects to support the management needs of HCI consistent with the mission, values, and objectives of the organisation.
The primary purpose of the Director of QIS is to develop, oversee, and lead the management of HCI’s advancing information systems strategy and team. This includes overseeing all QIS staff and ensuring that all needs of HCI’s clients are continual meet and exceeded.
Strategy and Development
- Develop and implement an operational plan for the QIS Department, in line with, and to fulfil, HCI’s overall strategic objectives.
- Monitor adherence to the plan on an ongoing basis.
- Identify key areas of research and development to improve the information systems offered by HCI.
- Manage and support new information systems development projects.
- Work with HCI partners to maximise the service to the end users.
- Demonstrate exceptional levels of client satisfaction with the services and products of the QIS Team.
- Oversee the development and production of monthly quality and safety monitoring and activity reports/dashboards for all QIS activities.
- Assure the CEO of all levels of activities, achievements and fulfilment of client requirements.
- Provide clear vision, and measurable levels of achievement, to the QIS team, and HCI Senior Management.
Staff Support and Leadership
- Responsibility for leadership, performance management and support of the staff within the QIS department including:
- QIS Support Team
- QIS Development Team
- QIS Implementation Specialists Team
- Provide direction and guidance to the Quality Information Systems Team.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Quality Information Systems Team.
- Plan and manage the team schedule to ensure key staff are nominated and available to address urgent or critical issues that arise in relation to software support.
- Ensure a clear programme of staff performance management and support.
- Define ongoing educational and development requirements for each individual.
- Provide, and demonstrate, monthly staff and resource allocations.
- Maximise staff satisfaction, and retention levels, within allocated resources
Quality Management Information Systems (QMIS) Specific Responsibilities
- Oversee the development, implementation and support of all Quality Management Information System (QMIS) projects, including but not limited to, Q-Pulse and HCI’s Quality and Safety Intelligence Portal.
- Provide training and education programmes relating to Quality Management Information Systems.
- Develop and implement the project plan for the Quality Management Information Systems projects within individual Organisations.
- Facilitate Process Mapping of relevant areas with the senior management teams of the client.
- Propose methods for customising the client’s QMIS to meet their objectives in the customisation report.
- Development of support project plans to include onsite and offsite training and support activity.
- Monitor project plan to ensure adherence to same. In the event of a delay in the project plan, make appropriate adjustments to the schedule, in consultation with the CEO, to manage this.
- Liaise with software providers, on technical issues to ensure timely resolution.
HCI Systems Development Specific Responsibilities
- Oversee the ongoing work of HCI system development team in relation to HCI’s Quality and Safety Intelligence Portal, interfaces and
- Ensure appropriate redundancy of systems and resources to ensure the timely development of systems and responding to customers needs.
- Develop and monitor an effective testing and backup environment for all HCI systems development
- Supporting of an Agile project management development system
- Provide guidance and support on business intelligence and related technologies
HCI Quality Management System (QMS) Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, maintain and improve the process, and associated procedures, of the services provided by HCI.
- Engage in the HCI general QMS processes and providing input to all required measurement and analysis activities, including Quality and Management Reviews.
- Recording, managing and addressing all allocated non-conformances in a timely and effective manner and in accordance to the applicable procedure. The Director of Quality Information Systems is responsible for recognising when a service provided by HCI has not met the requirements of the HCI procedure and document it as an incident.
- Escalate all complaints immediately to the CEO, and act as the first response to any complaint, attempting local resolution.
- Completing all specific audit activities as identified by the Quality Manager in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Maintaining staff training records as required within the HCI QMS.
- Ensure the completion of all QIS allocated QMS activities.
To carry out any other duties as assigned to you by the CEO
Qualifications and Experience Essential
- Minimum of five years’ experience in developing, implementing and supporting information systems/technology
- Educated to a Masters degree level in information management systems / technology
- Large scale project management experience
- Staff management experience
- Full Clean Driving License
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems / technology
- Experience of quality and safety management systems in a healthcare context
- Demonstrate highly developed communication, interpersonal, leadership and organisational skills with a high standard of verbal and written communications.
- SQL, networking and web application technical skills
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- High levels of innovation
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and technical skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive approach to planning
- The Director of Quality Information Systems shall be located in Headford, Co. Galway or Sandyford, Dublin 18
- The position involves travel all over Ireland on a frequent basis.
- Dependent on Experience
Process Please send a CV to Caroline McAndrew, Director of Corporate Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.