National Standards for Safer Better Healthcare (2012) – Preparation for Statutory Licencing Training
Date: 28th May 2019
Time: 8.45 – 16.30
Location: Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
The Sláintecare Implementation Strategy notes that a new overarching governance framework will be introduced and clinical governance will be underpinned by legislation through the introduction of a system of licencing for hospitals, community and other clinical services.
The National Standards for Safer Better Healthcare (2012) describe a vision for high quality, safe healthcare. This course will provide participants with the understanding of what is required to prepare their facility in advance of upcoming statutory licencing.
The course explains the National Standards in detail and illustrates the required features of a service meeting the Standards.
The participants will gain sufficient insight into the Standards to allow them to review their own services in light of the requirements and assist them in planning and prioritising the actions required to achieve and maintain high quality, safe and reliable care that is compliant to the Standards.
Participants will learn how to prepare for the implementation of the National Standards for Safer Better Healthcare (2012) within a service.
Key learning outcomes include;
- Understanding the National Standards and their impact on health care services, including lessons learned to date.
- Planning and Preparation of a Quality and Safety Management System to meet the Standards, including;
- Required Resources
- Defining Roles and Responsibilities
- Completing a Gap analysis
- Effective Project Planning
- Establishing a Quality and Safety Management System that ensures quality, safe and effective care, including:
- Policy and Procedure identification and drafting
- Staff Training
- Establishing a Monitoring system to effectively monitor the effectiveness of the Quality and Safety Management System, including:
- Development of monitoring requirements, including Auditing
- Development of Supportive tools, including Key Performance Indicators.
Who should attend?
This session will be relevant to Senior Management in Hospitals, Ambulance Services, Community Care, Homecare, Primary Care and General Practice.
Book your place
Please contact email@example.com or 01 629 2559 to book your place.
Early Bird Cost is €265.50 +VAT. Offer ends 3rd May 2019. Regular cost is €295+VAT.