HCI is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
HCI may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who we are
Throughout this policy, “We”, “Us” and “Our” refers to HCI. Data collected is held by HCI.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information such as name, company name, job title, email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information related to Google Analytics such as your IP address
- Information which you have consented to give us
Purpose for processing your data
The information that you provide (‘data’) will be used for the administration of any existing business you hold through us, or to administer any enquiries or future services as requested by you. We may share your data with our service providers in order to provide an efficient service to our clients.
Our reason for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Consent – You have given consent to process your data for one or more specific purpose
- Contract – The processing of data is essential to service and monitor existing business, or because you have asked for something to be done
- Legal basis – We may need to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract to which you have entered into or because you have asked for something to be done so you can enter into a contract
- Vital interests – It is necessary to protect your vital interests in exceptional circumstances
- Legitimate interests – such as conducting marketing activities or providing information on training events
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. Data is at all times treated as confidential and the appropriate measures are taken to ensure it is secure.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional email about services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell your information.
Who we are sharing your data with
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to HCI in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Data Protection Laws.
If we wish to pass your personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We will ensure all third party processors we use are GDPR compliant.
Data Subjects Rights:
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that HCI refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
If you wish to exercise any of your data rights, you can contact us at email@example.com or call 091 36126.
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by HCI, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly to the Data Protection Commission or another supervisory authority. You can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at: Telephone: +353 (0)761 104 800 or Lo Call Number 1890 252 231 Fax: +353 57 868 4757 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Postal Address: Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
HCI does not endorse or approve the content of any third party, nor will HCI have any liability in connection with any third party. No judgment or warranty is made with respect to the accuracy, timeliness or suitability of the content of any third party, and any and all liability which might arise out of, or in connection with, your use or reliance on the content of or information on, or the performance of, any third party is excluded.