Infection Prevention and Control Assurance Programme
Effective infection prevention and control (IPC) measures are essential to ensure that service users of health and social care services receive safe and effective care.
Now more than ever, healthcare organisations have an obligation to demonstrate that they are prioritising IPC, ensuring that it is embedded within the organisation and that there are structures and arrangements in place to measure and oversee its performance.
How can HCI help?
HCI wants to help you ensure your organisation is implementing best practice and regulatory compliant infection prevention and control measures. Should a COVID-19 outbreak occur, we want you and your staff to have assurance that you have the correct processes in place for managing and controlling the outbreak.
HCI’s Infection Prevention and Control Assurance Programme is a comprehensive managed service with focuses on enhancing IPC measures and embedding them throughout the organisation. HCI take a proactive approach to managing your system for infection prevention and control, interpreting data, providing you with advanced IPC intelligence and quality improvement recommendations. HCI will work with your staff to educate them on best practice IPC measures, keep them informed of new IPC regulatory requirements and support your governance team in achieving HIQA compliance.
HCI’s dedicated team of Quality and Safety Specialists will support you in implementing enhanced infection prevention and control measures to reduce the opportunity for infectious disease transmission and manage any potential infectious disease outbreak.
We are experts at interpreting and implementing the:
- National Standards for infection prevention and control in community services.
- National Standards for the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections in acute healthcare services.
- HIQA COVID-19 Assurance Framework
- Recommendations from COVID-19 Nursing Homes Expert Panel Report.
HCI offering the following services as part of the IPC Assurance Programmel:
- IPC Governance
- Quality Management Information System (COVID-19 Assurance Framework)
- IPC Quarterly Reviews
- IPC / COVID-19 Best Practice Policies and Procedures
- IPC Audits conducted remotely / onsite
- Quality and Safety Intelligence Portal (QualSIP)
- IPC Notifications and Alerts
- IPC Governance and Best Practice Education
- COVID-19 Assurance Framework Self-Assessment: Completion Support and Education
- IPC Culture Surveys
If you would like help with Infection Prevention and Control please contact us today.